Digital signage is increasingly becoming popular. This can be owed to business owners discovering how much these technologies can do to grow their enterprises. Installing digital signage technologies like LED video billboards can be expensive. However, the owner of the famous drive-thru inn can attest to the fact that it is always worth it.
It is therefore essential that businesses maintain their advertising LED video billboards to extend their life. It is a no-brainer: they are easy to maintain. It is also worth noting that maintenance of the LED displays will depend on the environment and hardware used.
1. Ensure that water does not get into contact with the LED display screen as this will cause corrosion on the parts, which will eventually lead to damage. Elements, that is strong winds, hailstorms, and so on, cannot often be avoided. It is for this reason that display companies Toronto advise that the billboards be given proper grounding protection and also not be used when the weather conditions are extreme. If the screen is to be used outdoors, they should have IP65 enclosure, which protects it from dust and water.
2. The display screen should regularly be wiped off to clear any dust and other debris. A build-up of this will interfere with the quality of the picture on display. More so, it could damage the circuit. While cleaning the LED display screens, it is also essential to refer to manufacturers’ instructions. As earlier mentioned, the degree of maintenance for different screens will vary.
3. Regular inspection needs to be done even in normal weather conditions. Display companies Toronto can do regular check-ups to establish if the lines are damaged and if they need replacement. Routine inspection will go a long way in preventing irreversible damage and ensuring that the LED display is running correctly.
4. Just like the display screen, you need to clean the media player too. A build-up of dirt will damage its components, which will, in turn, affect its performance. The storage devices that you use on the media player should regularly be scanned for viruses.
5. A software update is vital in maintaining the LED video billboards. By updating the software, you also provide an arena for your software to be dynamic. Software updates by display companies Toronto will go a long way in enhancing the features for better content creation. Note that in order to keep your customers engaged, your content needs to be of excellent quality. Well, that may not be possible if you do not do software updates. You should therefore always be on the lookout for the release of newer versions of your software.
There are different LED displays, and most will require special maintenance. For more information and guidance when selecting hardware for your digital sign, contact iGotcha Media.
iGotcha Media is a digital interactive studio specialized in building memorable screen-based customer experiences. Solutions include screens, interactive kiosks, video walls, RFID technology, audience-measurement technology, wayfinding and payment solutions and in-store audio. We help our clients creatively communicate their value propositions. With offices in Montreal and Toronto, iGotcha Media's clients include Birks, Browns Shoes, Cirque du Soleil, Groupe Touchette, Loto-Québec, National Bank of Canada, Nissan Canada, Reebok, Rona, Toronto Congress Centre and VIA Rail Canada.